Hang on a second while we grab that post for you.
UNDROPPABLE is a social media campaign and feature length documentary "in the making" to highlight inspiring students who are going through a lot, but somehow are able to muscle through and graduate no matter what. Most of the times you hear about a school on TV it's because something bad happened in that community. UNDROPPABLE is here to show schools there are people in the media who want to shine a light on the BEST things that are happening at their schools. Students are graduating everywhere against great odds. These brave individuals are truly rock stars in their communities and they deserve a media platform to share their stories. UNDROPPABLE is here to change the conversation around the importance of supporting education at all costs. If we truly want to fix our world economy, we need to fix education first. Our schools are UNDROPPABLE, our students are UNDROPPABLE, and education is an issue that is UNDROPPABLE!
- Jason Pollock, Creator
Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson- http://twitter.com/Undroppable
Posted on Monday, May 20th 2013
Just changed the profile pic on Undroppable to this image in an honor of graduation day which is fast approaching! We are SO proud of the 18 school districts who are a part of our program now. Lots of big days coming up in the next few weeks!
LIKE #Undroppable on FB if you haven’t already =http://facebook.com/Undroppable
Whitney Stone is UNDROPPABLE.
Posted on Thursday, April 4th 2013
They know what their school should look like… they watch television. They know what they deserve and they know that they’re not getting it.” - Meghan Donnelly is UNDROPPABLE.- http://meghandonnelly.undroppable.com
Posted on Saturday, February 9th 2013
Meghan Donnelly is UNDROPPABLE.
Posted on Thursday, February 7th 2013
It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.” ~ Harry S. Truman
Posted on Wednesday, January 16th 2013
Rachael Pillot is UNDROPPABLE.
There is no education like adversity.” - Benjamin Disraeli
Posted on Monday, December 10th 2012
CLICK HERE FOR GREAT PRESS LINKS ABOUT UNDROPPABLE!!!
***UNDROPPABLE on Des Moines Register front page of Metro, November 3rd, 2012***
***SCROLL DOWN THIS PAGE FOR ALL OF OUR BIGGEST PRESS LINKS!!!***
Here are the main links for our networks:
- WEBSITE - http://Undroppable.com
- TWITTER - http://twitter.com/Undroppable
- FACEBOOK - http://facebook.com/Undroppable
- YOUTUBE - http://youtube.com/Undroppable
UNDROPPABLE PROJECT LAUNCH PRESS:
- TIME MAGAZINE - http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2119921,00.html
- USA TODAY - http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/story/2012-08-20/undroppable-education-documentary/57175436/1
- MTV - http://act.mtv.com/posts/scooter-braun-wants-americas-students-to-be-undroppable
- VARIETY - http://wilshireandwashington.com/2012/07/undroppable-drumming-up-a-social-media-movement-to-solve-an-education-crisis.html
- MASHABLE - http://mashable.com/2012/06/22/undroppable-documentary/
- FAST COMPANY - http://www.fastcoexist.com/1680245/undroppable-an-all-star-film-and-social-media-campaign-to-keep-kids-in-high-school
- PEREZ HILTON - http://perezitos.com/2012-07-16-scooter-braun-justin-bieber-carly-rae-jepsen-undroppable-jaureese-gaines-social-media-responsibility
UNDROPPABLE ELECTION TOUR PRESS (13 high schools in 10 states from
Oct. 24th - Nov. 5th): - LOS-ANGELES RADIO (***Good overview of the project, Recorded with Clear Channel. Aired on 102.7KIIS FM, 987KYSR FM, & 570KLAC AM) http://www.kiisfm.com/player/?station=KIIS-FM&program_name=podcast&program_id=socalspeaksout.xml&mid=22578235
- MASHABLE - http://mashable.com/2012/10/23/undroppable-election-tour-politics/
- AOL - 245,000 VIEWS - http://on.aol.com/video/-undroppable—video-series-announces-high-school-election-tour-517514235
- DES MOINES REGISTER (front page of Metro) - http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20121103/NEWS02/311030043/Filmmaker-pushes-East-students-make-education-country-s-No-1-priority
Here are two good clips to watch:
— Cynthia Gallardo (http://CynthiaGallardo.Undroppable.com) is from Des Moines. Her house was raided by the police when she was 7 and her father was arrested. She then moved around a lot, sometimes every month, with her single mother. She had to witness her mother be physically abused by a number of ex-boyfriends. She then got pregnant when she was 16 and now has a 1 year old daughter. Through it all, Cynthia is an amazing student of East High School (http://EastHighSchool.Undroppable.com) and is UNDROPPABLE.
Meet her here: http://youtu.be/Zj0CeDxNsw8
- Jaureese Gaines (http://JaureeseGaines.Undroppable.com) is from Chicago. His best friend got killed 15 yards from his house and he went on to get $240,000 of scholarship money for college. “A guy was actually shot in the head two steps away from my front gate,” said Gaines. He has witnessed three people get shot in his neighborhood. He’s the valedictorian this year at Collins Academy (http://CollinsAcademy.Undroppable.com) and was the quarterback of the school. Jaureese Gaines is UNDROPPABLE.
Meet him here: http://youtu.be/5mEuS8foL2k
ADDITIONAL PHOTOS & PRESS CLIPPINGS:
***Pic from the 2012 Undroppable Election Tour - Truman High School, Taylor MI***
***Photo from the Undroppable Election Tour - East High School in Des Moines, IA***
***SCREENSHOT from the Undroppable Feature in TIME MAGAZINE***